What impact does drinking bottled water have on the environment?
- Unless it has been incinerated, every piece of plastic ever made still exists; Reason? Plastic takes over 500 years to degrade!
- Over 70 billion (seventy thousand million) single use plastic water bottles are consumed annually in the US and Europe alone; National Geographic estimate that a maximum of 20% are recycled. That means that over 50 billion bottles go into landfill or end up in our oceans every year.
- Fill up your bottle with oil to a fifth of its capacity to witness how much oil is used in manufacturing the bottle and shipping it to you!
- For every 1 litre of bottled water in your local supermarket, 3 litres have been used to make and ship it to you.
- Bottled water is commonly more expensive than petrol or diesel, at £1 or €1 per 50 cl bottle, compared to petrol and Diesel at £1.40 or €1.40 per litre!
- By consuming bottled water you are contributing to killing over 1 million sea birds and 100,000 mammals annually, who die by ingesting or becoming trapped in plastic waste.
- Get the taste and convenience of bottled water at a fraction of the costs; get water where you are certain of the quality by filtering it yourself; help reduce plastic waste and preserve natural resources by using a Water-to-Go reusable bottle and filter!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.