The Main 3- Why They Benefit Everyone & Not Just Fitness Freaks
Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc
These three minerals have a special relationship.Sometimes their roles oppose each other, sometimes they complement each other and it is their balance that influences many processes. The skeleton acts as a reservoir of calcium and inadequate calcium uptake results in a reduction of bone mass.Calcium uptake depends on the amount in the diet and on factors influencing its absorption. Because increased levels of calcium can cause the loss of magnesium it is beneficial to supplements both together. The lion's share of zinc in the human adult is found in skeletal muscle and bone. It is required for many biological processes including growth and development, tissue renewal, healthy skin, sexual maturation and reproduction.
The Benefits of Calcium,Magnesium & Zinc:
- is a loss of bone mass resulting in an increased risk of fractures.Post-menopausal
women have a higher risk of Osteoporosis, this is because Estrogen, a hormone in women that protects bones, decreases sharply when women reach menopause, which can cause bone loss. Calcium and Magnesium are vital for the formation of bone.
- Clinical trials have shown that calcium and magnesium both relieve symptoms including water retention, breast tenderness, mood changes, headaches and cramps.
- due to the support calcium and magnesium give to bone structure they are important in osteoarthritis
where the joints are affected by wear and tear.Zinc can help alleviate pain
and swelling in rheumatoid
- zinc is required for protein synthesis
and tissue growth
and developments.It is often used in creams to aid healing of nappy rash,burns and after surgery.
- zinc works with the antioxidant
vitamins to protect the body from free radicals.
- calcium helps to keep the heartbeat
regular and magnesium helps to promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
calcium has been shown to help promote normal sleep.
- both calcium and magnesium are important in the normal functioning of nerves and nerve impulses.
- zinc has been shown to be effective but, like many acne therapies,may take three months before improvements are noticed.
-zinc can reduce enlargement and alleviate adverse symptoms.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.