Liquid Egg Whites- Foods For The Health Conscious
Health food obsessives have brought the egg white omelette in to fashion. High protein diets have become the new fad and egg whites are an essential in the kitchen.
Egg whites are almost a unique product, as they're fat-free, cholesterol-free, low carb and high protein. The perfect food for those going to the gym wanting to achieve a lean muscly physique.
Benefits of Egg Whites
Egg White Omelette from Lauren Conrad Blog:
- Strong Bones & Muscles : Egg white is a rich source of protein, which helps in building strong bones, muscles and repairs tissues.
- Lose Weight: Egg whites and its protein content are good replacements for carbohydrates in daily intake.
- Increase Metabolism and Lose Weight: Vitamin B2 is found in excess in egg whites,which increase the metabolic rate within the body.
- Lower Cholesterol: Helps heart patients by keeping the cholesterol levels low.Don't avoid egg yolks but eat more egg whites,as there is hardly any cholesterol in them.
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon (about a pinch) onion powder
- ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded low fat (or skim) grated mozzarella cheese
- Note: A few vegetables I like to sub in are steamed asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, or steamed broccoli.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg whites, spinach and onion powder.
- In a small skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat, pour in the egg mixture and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip with spatula and cook another 2 minutes. (At this point it will look like a big egg pancake. Yum!)
- Reduce heat to low and sprinkle on cheese and cherry tomatoes and then fold omelet in half (one side over the other). Cook for another minute or so to allow cheese to melt and then serve.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
This omelet is really simple, quick, and very easy to make! Plus, it’s a great way to kick start your day. The best part? You’ll notice that the egg + veggie combo will keep you feeling full longer.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.