Everything You Need To Know About Digestive Enzymes
Enzymes play an essential role in virtuallt every biochemical activity that takes place within the body and the digestive process is certainly no exception. Life as we know it could not exist without the action of enzymes even in the presence of sufficient water, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.Enzymes act as catalysts in body processes, accelerating reactions to the speed required to maintain life. When enzyme levels are low reactions are slowed down to such a degree that the body begins to suffer. Researcg has shown that as we age, the body's ability to produce enzymes naturally declines.
The Benefits of Digestive Enzyme Complex
- Indigestion, the feeling of fullness, upper adominal discomfort often accompanied by pain that can become quite severe.
- Improvement of Digestion, food enzymes 'pre-digest' food therefore lightening the load on the digestive system.
- Improved vitamin and mineral absorption, clinical observations have shown that vitamin and mineral absorption is more efficient when in the presence of enzymes.
- Allergies and Candida, protein based molecules that are not completely digested or come in the form of either viruses, yeats and bacteria can give rise to allergic reactions once absorbed into the blood stream.Therefore digestive enzymes are an important aspect in the proper digestion of these proteins.Alongside a good probiotic, digestive enzymes offer a viable approach in treating candidiasis.
The enzymes involved in respiration, photosynthesis and protein synthesis work inside cells. Other enzymes are produced by specialised cells and released from them; the digestive enzymes are like this. They pass out into the gut, where they catalyse the breakdown of food molecules.
Different enzymes catalyse different digestion reactions.
- Amylase-helps break down and digest carbohydrates, starches and sugars.
- Lipase- a powerful fat digesting enzyme that can also assist in weight management and circulation.
- Protease-helps to digest proteins and also help the body alleviate infection and inflammation.
- Cellulase- helps to convert cellulose (from plant cell walls) into glucose. Cellulose is not made in the body and can only be obtained from food or supplements.
- Lactase- breaks down lactose found in dairy products and is of particular value due to the amount of dairy intolerance within the population.
- Betaine Hydrochloride- hydrochloric acid is the primary digestive aid in the stomach required for protein breakdown, having low levels lead to a feeling of discomfort.Betaine hydrochloride can raise the levels of hydrochloric acid naturally thus relieving discomfort.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.