Dr Zaks High Protein Bread, Is It As Good As It Looks?
Launched in 2013 by Dr Zak Pallikaros – BSc, MSc, PhD, he wanted to create high protein foods so you could still include the foods in your diet that you would normally avoid. Such as bread and pasta. Using the finest ingredients and baked in the UK the bread is a perfect balance of protein and carbohydrates in every slice.
The protein blend is from high quality protein isolates that deliver a complete amino acid profile. Using ingredients like linseed provides a source of omega 3 and sunflower seeds which are high in vitamins and minerals, Dr Zak has certainly done his research :-)
Each loaf contains 214g of protein, 2 slices will provide you wil a 30g serving of protein and a 30g serving of carbohydrates. Whats even better IT TASTES JUST AS GOOD as the bread you find in your supermarket. Still soft and doughy but because of the ingredients it keeps you nice and full.
We found a great recipe on the Dr Zaks website that we had to share with you :-)
Dr Zak's bread & butter pudding
By: Ellis Prevett
- 20g sweetener
- Teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 slices Dr Zaks Bread
- 10g light butter
- 30g sultanas
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 190 C
- Mix together the sweetener and cinnamon
- Butter the 5 slices of bread and cut in half
- Layer the bread in a deep dish adding a handful of sultanas and sugar/cinnamon mix as you go, covering each slice
- Mix the eggs and milk and whisk
- Pour over the bread and leave to absorb for 10 mins
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes, until the pudding is set and brown
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.